Plugin: Better File Uploader Changelog and Known Issues
- Get Better File Uploader
- Image Handling Check
- Use Examples and Ideas
- Changelog and Known Issues
- Looking for support? Refer to the Troubleshooting Tips or use the Helpdesk.
I’m happy to say I’ve been stomping hard to kill all the bugs in BFU2… but there is always one or two around. This will be a dynamic list, updated to reflect known issues with the most current version.
- Better File Uploader doesn’t work to upload/change your author userpic. (It only understands the blog context, not the system context.) Use the default Upload File option to upload/change your author userpic.
- Using the multiple file upload option to upload a combination of image and non-image files at the same time can be a bit wonky. Finding a better way to handle this is on my to-do list, but for now the recommendation is simply “don’t do that.”
This is just a quick look at what has changed across different versions of Better File Uploader.
August 27, 2009: version 2.3 release
- Added support for the Entry Asset Manager introduced in Movable Type 4.3. Check the plugin’s Settings, in the Processing section, to enable/disable the asset association. This feature is available only if you are using MT 4.3 or greater.
- Updated CSS so that the Upload File screen would properly show to make it easier to upload more than 10 files at a time.
- Improved overwrite function by first deleting file to overwrite, then moving temp file to permanent location. Also, added some error messaging about it, should things go wrong. Also, fixed an overwrite bug specific to OS X (and other systems? I don’t know).
- Fixed an obscure bug where Resize on Upload would only resize if a certain combination of options was selected.
- Changed the way watermarking works a bit—better reporting of watermarking capability, moved watermarking into it’s own function, fixed path inconsistencies; should be more reliable.
- Fixed some quoting-related bugs.
January 2, 2008: version 2.2.1 release
- Fixed a small bug in
upload.tmpl(a missing quote); now works with the 4.1 beta (as well as 4.0 and 4.01, of course).
September 18, 2007: version 2.2 release
- Movable Type 4-compatible! Tested with 4.0 and 4.01. Lots of “behind the scenes” updates to make things work with Assets.
- BFU 2.2 is compatible with MT 4.0 and 4.01 only.
September 18, 2007: version 2.1.2 release
I’m a slacker. This version has been basically ready for a few months, and I just never released it…
- FastCGI compatibility was fixed by Jay Allen of Textura Design. Thanks, Jay!
- Fixed a problem where watermarking tried to work when you didn’t have ImageMagick installed.
- BFU 2.1.2 is compatible with MT 3.2 and 3.3 only.
May 2, 2007: version 2.1 release:
- Added the Resize on Upload feature.
- Added watermarking; only supported with ImageMagick, and only well-supported with recent versions—use the new Image Handling Check page to get some details. Download to check before purchasing.
- Added the URL Only processing option.
- Added localization support. Refer to
plugins/BetterFileUploader/lib/BetterFileUploader/l10n/en_us.pmfor details and an example.
- Added the ability to configure settings at the System level and see them as the defaults at the Blog level.
- Modified the folder structure and some file names for correct nesting and easier debugging.
- A few little bug fixes: one that may have been causing some trouble with the Overwrite/Rename feature; one where PageBuilder kept re-adding its template; and the trailing
</a>for Lightbox galleries without thumbnails.
November 19, 2006: version 2.01 release:
- The thumbnail resizing constraint works correctly with single file uploads now.
- The URL that Page Builder creates correctly includes a slash before the filename, if necessary.
- If using MT through a secure connection and creating a new entry, BFU2 correctly stays in the secure session.
November 8, 2006: version 2.0 release:
- Major update from 1.x! Supports versions 3.2 and 3.3 of Movable Type.
- Oh, so many options! Basically, if you upload files—and especially photos—BFU2 is the one-stop-shop plugin to meet your needs.
February 12, 2006: version 1.08 release:
- There were a number of features implemented along the way, included per-weblog settings and one-click HTML selection.
- This was the last update to the version 1.x code. It’s no longer being maintained or supported, though you can download a copy of BFU1 (for MT 3.2 only):
September 13, 2005: version 1.0 release.
- Set default options for uploading files.
- Upload into a date-based folder structure to help sort files.
- Show uploaded HTML or start a new entry default selection
- Thumbnail size calculation ensures consistency.
- Photo Gallery Creation Options (for EDSMT-style photoblogs) speed up creation significantly. They used to take quite a few clicks and key presses, now cut down to two clicks!
- Better File Uploader is also the successor to A Better File Upload Template.